The last bits are coming together, piece by piece.
Not being able to extent the meter long lead from the thermocouples I used a plastic food-container as cheap box to mount the TC boards on the backside of the testfurnace.
Last step in the software development get a graphic user interface. The furnace has a micro-controller that preforms the measurements and controls the heaters. The micro controller is connected to the mirco-computer that gives the commands and logs the operation.
After trail and error it seems the furnace will finally get a real KWh meter. From Maxim we got two 78M6613 IC’s for free and Faber Electronics mounted them on the Adafruit breakout boards. It’s a real RMS single phase wattmeter where with a single command you get the used watt’s, precisely!
After the big Arduino one board and the mess that gave in the connection to the UEXT connector on the Olimex boards I ordered a Olimexino-nano